What are the Benefits of Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression is a gentle, effective method to stretch and realign the structure of your back. This is necessary because, after a number of years supporting your body and movement, spinal discs may lose some of the cushioning that once kept the vertebrae nicely separated. These plump, fluid-filled discs once allowed your supple spine to move freely and flexibly to support your body weight without pain.
As some of the spinal cushioning material displaces and bulges under years of strain, it crowds the spinal column and places pressure on nerves, resulting in pain and numbness. Eventually, spinal “shock-absorbing” material partially leaks out, flattening the cushioning spinal discs, bringing you pain and stiffness extending to the hand(s) or feet.
Restoring a Youthful Spine
Spinal decompression offers many health benefits along with symptom relief, including:
- Relief from neck pain, back pain and pain in the extremities
- Stretching, lengthening and relaxing the spine
- Relieving disc pressure
- Soothing pinched nerves
- Restoring the cushioning properties of spinal discs
- Helping to bring vertebrae into proper position
- Improving circulation
- Relieving stiffness
- Increasing range of motion
- Relieving "pins and needles" and restoring sensation to the limbs, hands, feet, fingers and toes
- Re-establishing free flow of oxygen and nutrients to the spine and throughout the body
For more information please call our Westwood office at 310-779-8535.